Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Florida Recap: 4/18

Today's agenda: Universal's Islands of Adventure. Mom doesn't really care for that park so we dropped her off at my cousin Ginny's house. We embarked and I can remember where we parked. Jurassic Park 325. We strolled down CityWalk and then turned left to go to Islands of Adventure. Beginning at Marvel Superhero Island, my dad and I rode the Storm Force Acceleration. There were long lines for the Hulk and Spider-Man coasters, so we carried on to Toon Lagoon. Nikki rode Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges, but Dudley Do-Right's Rip Saw Falls was closed so we kept on traveling to Jurassic Park. Pteradon Fliers had a hour and a half wait so instead, we rode the Jurassic Park River Adventure. We got pretty wet, but my sister was anxious to head over to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There was a pretty short wait for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey so we did that. I'll admit, I closed my eyes for the spider portion. The gift shop was way over crowded, but it was a good ride. After that we rode the Flight of the Hippogriff. It was similar to the Barnstomer at Magic Kingdom, fast in speed and time. For lunch we ate at the Three Broomsticks. My dad and sister drank butterbeer and they said it was really delicious. You know what was even more delicious? The fish and chips!! North Atlantic Haddock which was perfectly fried and deliciously crispy and flaky, a perfect combo. And it was fried in an awesome batter with malt vinegar. I loved it so much, it was fantastic! We traveled through The Lost Continent, which has seen better days, but it's well designed. Next stop: Seuss Landing. We boarded the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride. That was fun and they had both trolleys open this time! After that we went for a spin on the Cat and the Hat ride, which is also great. We went for another cycle around Islands of Adventure. This time I rode the Hulk coaster and there was this awesome guy who I chatted to while the ride was closed for a bit, but it reopened shortly after and it was one of the best rides I had ever been on. Honestly. Then, my dad, sister, and I went on the Spider-Man ride. Single riders line for shorter wait, but we didn't really get split up. It had new effects so it was awesome. We passed through Toon Lagoon and then Jurassic Park, until we were back in the Harry Potter world. We went on the Forbidden Journey again and then on the Dueling Dragons. Twice. That would be the last ride because we went through Lost Continent and Seuss Landing and left the park. Lemon slush in tow, we headed back to my cousin Ginny's house. There we socialized with my Aunt Jacki, Ginny, and my second cousin, Justin. We played with Justin for a while outsiide, but it was soon time to go. We ate at KFC and then went to bed. It was a very fun day.

1 comment:

  1. Another busy, busy day, but tons of fun! We did a lot!

    ReplyDelete