Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, March 9, 2015

100 Favorite Movies: 10

I can't believe we're in the top ten now!

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I admit I was skeptical at first because of how much I worship the short story and how much I adored the Danny Kaye movie. But Ben Stiller's version topped Kaye's. All of my doubts went away when I saw the first teaser trailer about four months before Walter Mitty even came out. The trailer was amazing (the best trailer I've ever seen in my entire life) and the movie lived up to it. A beautifully-shot, well-told tale of what it means to exist as a human being. I could watch it again and again. Oh, and Sean Penn's cameo? Might be my all-time favorite cameo. So perfect. I love this movie so much.

Adventure comedy drama directed by Ben Stiller and written by Steve Conrad in 2013.

Starring: Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig, Shirley MacLaine, Adam Scott, Kathryn Hahn, Sean Penn, Patton Oswalt, Jon Daly, and Olafur Darri Olafsson.

Tune in tomorrow for number nine!

1 comment:

  1. An interesting and well-made movie. I know how much you love it, so not surprised it is so high up on the list.

    ReplyDelete