Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

31 Day SNL Challenge: Favorite SNL Movie

In my mind, there are three good SNL movies: The Blues Brothers, Wayne's World, and MacGruber. And then the other eight? Well, I've only seen two of them (A Night at the Roxbury and Wayne's World 2) and while those were just eh, I can't imagine the other six were anything good. Coneheads might have been had it been made in 1977 or something rather than 1993. But there's definitely no way I could sit through an entire movie about Pat or Stuart or Mary Katherine Gallagher. There's no way I could do it. But an entire movie about Jake and Elwood Blues? Well, I'd watch that over and over again. The music? Who thought it ever had a chance at being underwhelming? The story? Phenomenal. Burton Mercer? A great one-off. One of the best movie characters ever. This movie never had a chance to fail, really. I mean, after all, John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd were on a mission from God.

1 comment:

  1. Not a lot of real competition, but good choice nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete