Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

2013 Maine

The 2013 Maine vacation (much thanks to everyone who made it awesome) was awesome! We ate at many great restaurants such as The Goldenrod, When Pigs Fly Pizzeria, The Weathervane, and Maine Diner, Fox's Lobster House. We visited Yummies, Le Gourmet Chef, Cape Cod Crafters and many more shops in Kittery, including the Pepperidge Farms store with shortbread cookies. Seven family members visited us there and that naturally made for some great fun. There was ladderball, frisbee catch, football catch and an awesome game in the surprisingly warm water of Maine where we'd throw a tennis ball and if you didn't catch it, you had to do a flip or handstand underwater. To give you an idea of the warmth, I didn't mind doing it. The Nubble was great as always, but I've got a beef with the rocks. I read two books by the water, Bossypants and Wicked Good Year. We had good fun in the house too. The ground was very hot with bare feet, which can be proven by when I walked from one end of Long Sands Beach in York to the other, I had to go up on the sidewalk for a little, I had to go in shadows and grass as I cooked my feet to medium rare. It was still a nice walk as I listened to music on my iPod (If It Kills Me) and took in the sights. Maine vacations are always great and I always go through vacation withdrawal after. But like the shirt of the sad-looking person at the Maine Diner said, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." She didn't look like she was smiling and she was kind of sweaty, but it fits nonetheless!

1 comment:

  1. Was a great week! Love it there always and wish it didn't go by so dang fast! Thank you for making it fun, too! And don't forget beach ball! :)

    ReplyDelete