Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

2013's List of Greatest People: 40-31

We're really getting close now! After this, there will be only 30 people left! Anything goes from there. I wonder how it'll play out...


40. Mindy Kaling - I'll always prefer Kelly Kapoor over Mindy Lahiri, but Kaling has done more than that. Her interactions with BJ Novak on Twitter are amazing and she was also in 2013's Time 100...and This Is the End for some reason.

39. Steve Carell - What a roller coaster year for Carell! He goes from a hopeful guest in The Office finale to a temporary shun on this blog (I didn't say his name) to number 39 on the top 100. I'll never be able to say enough thanks to him for returning as Michael Scott one last time.

38. Chandler Bing - Ah, the best character on Friends. His humor revolved around sarcasm, but it was still guaranteed hilarity when he appeared on screen. I also like Miss Chanandler Bong.

37. Matt Lauer - I'll never understand my fascination with this man. It might be because when I see him on the Today show, I'm reminded of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade which reminds me of the beginning of Christmastime, the best time of the year. Hey, I think I just found out the reason!

36. Jason Ritter - This man just cannot get a show! The Class: cancelled. The Event: cancelled. Parenthood: He's written out. He's got a new doctor show coming so hopefully that will stick. This hero of television will always be in America's graces.

35. Ron Swanson - He's achieved legend status among manly men. He is the stereotypical manly men. It's hard to determine his all-time greatest quote, so I'll go with his all-time greatest Season 5 quote. "The only thing I hate more than lying is skim milk which is water that's lying about being milk."

34. Jerry Seinfeld - My personal favorite comedian. I just love the observational humor. "One thing horses don't know during races is that if at one point they trip and break their leg. We're gonna blow their brains out."

33. Shawn Spencer - Roday might not have made the list, but his character sure will. He does everything so flawlessly in Psych and all of his humor is just so quick and witty that it's hard not to love him.

32. Ryan Gosling - The biggest snub in history. Bigger than Dustin Pedroia being snubbed as the 2008 ESPY's Best MLB Player. He absolutely should have been People's Sexiest Man Alive in more years than one.

31. Joel McHale - He wouldn't be the guy we know and love on Community if not for the hysterical part he has as host of The Soup. Am I the only one who thinks that he'd make a great villain in a Muppet film?

1 comment:

  1. I like how you go between characters and real people. Sometimes, the characters people play are more real to us than the actors portraying them!

    ReplyDelete