Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Red Sox Defeat Rockies

On June 26, my friend Alex and I went to the Red Sox game against the Colorado Rockies. I've never gone to a game in which the Sox have lost so I was a tad bit nervous when the Rockies got off to a 1-0 start, but I didn't fret too much. Especially after the Red Sox took the lead 3-1 after the first inning thanks to RBIs from Victorino, Ortiz and Nava. Then the lead was extended in the third inning after Napoli hit Victorino home and then Nava sacrificed himself to get Pedroia home. The Red Sox wouldn't score again, but the Rockies would on two solo shots from Michael Cuddyer, but it wasn't enough. Boston won 5-3! Plus, Lackey delivered a gem, tying his career high for strikeouts with twelve. A great game!

1 comment: