Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, July 12, 2013

2013's List of Greatest People: 90-81

Only 90 left to go. Has your favorite made it yet? Are they here today? Will they even make it at all? I don't know because I have no clue who your favorite is.


90. Slinky Dog - He will forever be my favorite character in Toy Story. He was almost cut from Toy Story 3 due to the death of Jim Varney. Luckily, Blake Clark (Coach Buzzer) stepped up and we got another dose of Pixar's most loyal character.

89. Edward Talpey - The great proprietor of 1896! Due to the introduction of the New England railways, Talpey created the best restaurant in all of Maine, The Goldenrod. It still is serving up omelettes to this day.

88. Ryan Seacrest - What doesn't he host? E! News, American Top 40 (Ay, ay Casey Kasem, I'll see you here in 2014), American Idol. But what does it for me is Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. He's a better protege than the Karate Kid.

87. John van Benschoten - The greatest relief pitcher in Pittsburgh Pirates history. He blows Jonah Bayliss, Mike Gonzalez and John Grabow out of the water. He's still kicking around the majors somewhere.

86. Brian Wilson - The legend of the beard has disappeared. He received Tommy John's surgery and is recovering in Hawaii. The mystique of the MLB's most entertaining player continues.

85. Jimmy Olson - The greatest comic book character in history who's not a superhero or villain. He's Superman's version of Robin, except he's got a camera. Plus, his name is Jimmy.

84. Nick Cannon - Cannon really seems to have his life together. I'm not even sure what he really does, but all I know is that when I watch the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade, there is no one I'd rather see hosting it than him.

83. Mike Rosario - After Erving Walker left Florida basketball, I wasn't sure who my new favorite Gator baller would be. Sure enough, Rosario stepped up. The only thing is, now he's leaving...

82. Adam Levine - Of course the lead singer of my favorite band will make the list. This Love, She Will Be Loved, Moves Like Jagger and Payphone are all his creations.

81. Dule Hill - Sorry Roday, but you haven't been on Twitter long enough for me to gain a full appreciation of you, like I have with the man behind Burton Guster.

1 comment: