Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bossypants

For whatever reason, one of my summer reading books is Tina Fey's Bossypants. It makes me wonder why I haven't discovered the comedic memoirs sooner. I probably wouldn't catch all the humor if I had, though. As soon as I picked it up and saw the praise on the back cover, I knew I was in for a treat.

FYI, the praise said:

"Tastes great!" - Guy who eats books
"Totally worth it." - Trees
"You'd be really pretty if you lost weight." - College boyfriend, 1990.
"Tina Fey is an ugly, overrated, pear-shaped troll." - The Internet
"Mommy, where are my pretzels?" - Tracy Morgan
"I hope that's not really the cover. That's gonna hurt sales." - Don Fey, father of Tina Fey.
"Do not print this glowing recommendation of Tina Fey's book until I've been dead 100 years!" - Mark Twain
"Hilarious and insightful. Laugh-out-loud funny -- oh no, a full moon. No! Argh! Get away from me! Save yourself!" - A Guy Turning into a Werewolf

In all seriousness, I actually laughed out loud at multiple parts in this book and I was enthralled and felt welcomed by Tina Fey even under the bright lights of 30 Rock and Saturday Night Live. Like the werewolf said, it was hilarious and insightful. That's the best way to describe it. I can't wait to read the audio book. Thanks, parents!

Five stars out of five.

1 comment: