Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

2013's List of Greatest People: 80-71

We've reached the fourth installment. Have you seen any surprises? Have you been surprised at all? Maybe you will be now.


80. Michael Phelps - The all-time greatest Olympian. He was one of my heroes in 2008, then it kind of died down. But after that stunning show in London in 2012. Well, he deserves to be back on the list.

79. Jake Johnson - The actor who is behind the soon-to-be-legendary Nick Miller of New Girl. He seems like a genuinely, lovably angry guy in real life. This guy's going to be a success in Hollywood.

78. Gareth Keenan - My favorite character on the British version of The Office. He's so much more outlandish than Dwight, surprising to say. His one-liners are what really get me.

77. Josh Reddick - Man, if only the Red Sox never traded him away. Now he's in Oakland and Billy Beane is still moneyballing. He's produced handsomely and has also grown a handsome beard. Those are the reasons why I added him to my fantasy baseball team.

76. Brian Regan - I am delighted to hear him when he comes onto my comedy Pandora channel. "Have you ever guessed someone's gender wrong? There's no recovering from that. Walk up to them 'excuse me, Sir.' 'MA'AM!' 'Oh, okay. Goodbye person. Bye human.'

75. Kevin Millar - The greatest idiot in Red Sox history. He was the heart and soul of the 2004 championship team. Without him? I'd go as far to say that the curse continues into 2005.

74. Patrick Warburton - He's had many roles throughout his life, the Soarin' Safety Spiel guy, the Parody Safety Spiel guy, Jeff Bingham, but perhaps none was greater than the legendary - Kronk.

73. Ellen DeGeneres - My favorite female stand-up comedian. It was very close Paula Poundstone, but Ellen takes the cake. Pandora probably boosted it though. "What's this on my hoof?"

72. Stan Verett and Neil Everett - The greatest SportsCenter duo of our time. They have so much fun with it, that I have fun watching them cover sports in their clumsy, whimsical way.

71. Guy Fieri - I disagree with everything he thinks about food. I don't care for Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. He's not even the TGI Friday's spokesman anymore! But, he's still one of the all-time great DFTBA players, as a member of the Blackstone Valley team.

1 comment:

  1. Also good. Love that Kronk was mentioned! And Ellen! And Kevin Millar is always a fun dude to have around. :)

    ReplyDelete