Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The 2014 Survey

Yes, oh yes! It's that time of year again. Time for the big Charleston contest! Just kidding! It's time for the annual survey where a quiz I've had for many years asks me how the year went with specific, thought-provoking questions.

1. What did you do in 2013 that you've never done before?

I read forty books. Thanks to the Goodreads challenge, I was able to keep track!

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions?

I did not make any because I got wise. Wink.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

A cousin of mine and my sister-in-law did!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

I remember you so very fondly, Max.

5. What countries did you visit?

The United States of America.

6. What would you like to have in 2015, that you lacked in 2014?

An Avengers movie. Oh. Wait. IT'S COMING.

7. What date from 2014 will remain etched in your memory?

There are so many, but I think either October 2 or September 17 has to got to be the one.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

NaNoWriMo was great as always. I guess getting an essay published in the Boston Herald was pretty good.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I did not become President of the United States of America. Thanks, Obama.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I had many stitches in my face.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

I liked one of the Christmas gifts I bought for someone.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Jimmy Fallon, for sure. (That was the answer from last year, too. I just kept it.)

13. Whose behavior made you depressed?

Kim Jong-un.

14. Where did most of your money go?

What are you going to ask for next? My social security number?

15. What did you get really, really excited about?

Jimmy Fallon taking over The Tonight Show, Seth Meyers taking over Late Night. B.J. Novak's book, too.

16. What song will always remind you of 2014?

I loved Take Me to Church, but I think I have to say Let It Go, no?

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

Happier or Sadder? Happier! Always happier. Always happy.
Thinner or Fatter? I have no clue. I haven't weighed myself since the war...
Richer or Poorer? Yes.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Watching episodes of Nathan for You.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Calculus.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Christmas Eve went ahead as it usually does, but Christmas was a quiet affair with my uncle and Die Hard and A Christmas Story.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?

I guess by this point this could probably mean texting, too. Probably a friend.

22. Did you fall in love in 2013?

No.

23. How many one-night stands in the last year?

I have not had any one-night stands in the last year.

24. What was your favorite TV program?

The Mindy Project. Wilfred was a close second.

25. Do you hate anyone now, that you didn't this time last year?

Screw you, Dean Butterworth.

26. What was the best book you read?

The Great Gatsby. Oh, my gosh, The Great Gatsby.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Hozier, no doubt. He and Grouplove are amazing.

28. What did you want and get?

Community being picked up by Yahoo and The Interview being released in theaters again.

29. What did you want and not get?

Mindy Kaling hosting SNL. Soon.

30. What were your favorite films of the year?

The Grand Budapest Hotel, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Unbroken were probably my top three.

31. What did you do on your birthday?

Nothing. (And my eyes lit up!)

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

If the Florida Gators basketball team had not lost in the Final Four.

33. How would you describe your 2014 fashion concept?

Connecticut casual.

34. What kept you sane?

Jimmy Fallon.

35. What celebrity did you like the most?

See above answer.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

Let's just appreciate 2014 for what it was.

37. Who did you miss?

Tony Stark on the big screen. Missing him, though, is something I won't have to worry about for long.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

Probably someone with the last name Cleveland.

39. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2014.

Curiosity and passion are the keys to a good life.

40. Is there a quote that sums up your year?

"To be frank, I think his world had vanished long before he ever entered it -- but, I will say: he certainly sustained the illusion with a marvelous grace!" - Zero Moustafa (The Grand Budapest Hotel)

1 comment: