Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Ten Favorite Sports by David Covers of 2014

The better Sports Illustrated covers will be coming soon, but this can also serve as a great recap of the year in sports.

10. Foxborough Rising - Using Foxborough instead of New England made it seem so much better to me. But half of my Super Bowl prediction is so wrong.

9. Super Spurs - I'm glad I chose to have the team holding the trophy because when the Spurs won, it was truly a team effort.

8. A Giant, Royal Affair - A fun World Series is best expressed through mascots, which always make for a fun cover.

7. Michael Sam - None of the three players mentioned on this cover have done much in the NFL yet, but it still seems like a worthy cover for the NFL Draft.

6. Out of the Woods - You can never go wrong with a dramatic, almost-painted shot of a golfer on his backswing.

5. Dynasty! - I feel like this one is minimalist enough to perfectly capture what San Francisco was feeling when their beloved baseball team won the title. Again.

4. The Wright Guy - I'm a sucker for puns.

3. The Curious Case of Matthew Stafford - I love when the Lions play on Thanksgiving, so naturally the cover for it had to make the list.

2. Low-Key Sochi - For the Winter Olympics, I felt that a pretty awe-inspiring shot of a flipping snowboarder would do the Sochi games justice. I feel good about the cover.

1. Farewell, Jeter - The goodbye cover to the great had to make the list. Something so poignant about that number two.

1 comment: