Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Ten Favorite Entertainment by David Covers of 2014

Just as the sports covers were, the Entertainment Weekly ones will come soon and make you feel better about artistic quality.

10. SNL at 40 - I was so excited for the Saturday Night Live anniversary cover if not just for the chance to put John Belushi on the cover of something.

9. Spider-Man - Even though the movie was underwhelming in its expectations, I like to think this cover reversal worked.

8. Interstellar - Really the only way I could do a cover for the space epic.

7. Emmys - Everything just seemed so symmetrical for the Seth Meyers-led cover.

6. Amy Poehler - I was skeptical about the font presentation, but the background actually kind of made it work.

5. Letterman Will Retire - This didn't seem like it'd be a memorable cover, but something about it (the overlay, the symmetry, I'm not sure) makes me like it.

4. #sixseasonsandamovie - This would be an extremely sad cover if it wasn't for the heroic news that came on June 30th.

3. Jimmy's Turn - It was a guarantee that the Jimmy Fallon-Tonight Show Cover would be awesome.

2. A Million Ways to Die in the West - I just really like the way I laid the words out for this cover.

1. Cosmos - The image of Neil deGrasse Tyson was just so sharp that it elevated the cover to the next level.

1 comment: