Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Independent Bookstores

"I'm kind of old-school. I have an engineering degree, so it's not like I'm a technophobe. I just haven't adopted technologies that don't enrich my quality of life. You're going to encounter people who work [at independent bookstores] or who will be there by chance who might have different experiences than you do. I think that's a healthy thing for our society to interact with and make friends with people who have different ideas than we do." That's a quote from photographer Bryan David Griffith, a man who spent an entire year visiting twenty different independent bookstores, photographing them, and taking in all they had to offer. It's pretty interesting and you can read more about the whole endeavor over on Slate.

1 comment:

  1. Something unique and special about stores like these. Good that people remember them.

    ReplyDelete