Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Ghostbusters Reboot Cast

I love the original Ghostbusters movie so much that I just do not have high hopes for the new reboot. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's all-female or that it's a Paul Feig vehicle. I just don't think it'll do right by the film. I think the same thing about the fact that Dan Aykroyd is holding out hope for a standard Ghostbusters 3. What'll it be without Harold Ramis? Anyway, Feig announced the new cast on Twitter and it's...okay. Kristen Wiig is obviously the highlight for me, but Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon, two solid and current SNL cast members are pretty good choices. I guess. Melissa McCarthy, I'm not thrilled about. I still maintain that Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Kristen Wiig, and Mindy Kaling is the dream team. Cecily Strong was also recently announced to be a part of the reboot and that's very interesting to me. I think she'd kill it, but I'm so skeptical about the whole thing regardless. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Strong will play the Sigourney Weaver role from the original films, with a love interest of Wiig or McKinnon? Still, could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete