Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

100 Favorite Movies: 8

What an amazing movie. Throughout 2014, I set intervals in my phone's calendar that served as a countdown to Christmas of sorts. On each of these days, I listened to the theme music to Elf. That haunting, sweet, beautiful, transcendent, life-affirming theme music. And then, when I watched it in December as part of the Christmas season, I heard that theme music and my heart melted and everything felt right. Will Ferrell is at his finest in this amazing movie that is so bitingly funny and so heart-warmingly sweet that it couldn't be included anywhere but the top ten of this list.

Holiday comedy directed by Jon Favreau and written by David Berenbaum in 2003.

Starring: Will Ferrell, James Caan, Zooey Deschanel, Mary Steenburgen, Daniel Tay, Edward Asner, Bob Newhart, Faizon Love, Peter Dinklage, Amy Sedaris, and Peter Billingsley.

Tune in tomorrow for number seven!

1 comment:

  1. Great choice! An awesome movie and Buddy is a great, upbeat character.

    ReplyDelete