Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, March 9, 2015

31 Day SNL Challenge: Favorite Sketch from the 2000s



Along comes Debbie Downer! I really went back and forth between this sketch and Lazy Sunday because Lazy Sunday is just SO GOOD, but I saw an opportunity to honor it later on in the challenge, so I took this time to appreciate the perfect imperfections of the very first iteration of Debbie Downer. Rachel Dratch brings the room down and the jokes almost never land which makes her break. And that sets off a chain reaction to Jimmy Fallon, Horatio Sanz, Lindsay Lohan, Fred Armisen, and Amy Poehler. I just enjoy it so much. It's official...

...I can't have children!

1 comment:

  1. Funny! I love how badly everyone breaks in the scene. She knows how bad what she is about to say is, but still has to power through it. Makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete