Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

31 Day SNL Challenge: Favorite Cast Member from the 1990s

This one was tough and I imagine as I enter the 2000s, it will become equally tough. I mean, there was such a plethora of amazing cast members. Jimmy Fallon, Will Ferrell, Rachel Dratch, Phil Hartman, Darrell Hammond, Chris Parnell. There were so many good members of SNL in the nineties and I wasn't sure if I would be able to decide. And as I was so close to picking Ferrell, I thought about Celebrity Jeopardy and the greatness that was his Alex Trebek and I remembered the creator of the sketch: Norm Macdonald. And I had to pick him. I never had too much of an appreciation for Norm until I watched the SNL Rewind marathon on VH1 Classic and realized how phenomenal he was on Weekend Update. One of, if not, the best anchor Update ever had. So many great, fearless jokes. And his Burt Reynolds Turd Ferguson on Celebrity Jeopardy? One of the best characters SNL ever boasted.

1 comment:

  1. A good choice, I guess, but I am shocked you didn't pick Fallon or Ferrell, actually.

    ReplyDelete