Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, March 20, 2015

31 Day SNL Challenge: Favorite Weekend Update Anchor

This one was kind of tough, but not really. As good as Chevy and Jane were, as much of an appreciation I've come to develop for Norm Macdonald, and despite all of the adoration I maintain for Jimmy and Tina and Amy, it's always going to be Seth. Seth Meyers is the Weekend Update anchor I grew up with and the one I'll always associate with the job. He anchored from 2006 to 2014 and to me, he's as synonymous with Weekend Update as Lorne Michaels is synonymous with SNL, as a whole. Plus that joke about Thanksgiving in a can makes me laugh every time. "A food company has developed a new meal called Thanksgiving in a can that is layered with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce. And at the bottom, there's a gun so you can finish the job." The best around.

1 comment:

  1. He is great. I like Michael Che and Colin Jost, though, a lot!

    ReplyDelete