Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, March 2, 2015

31 Day SNL Challenge: Favorite Cast Member from the 1980s

I went back and forth in my head over and over again between Eddie Murphy and Dana Carvey. Carvey was so versatile and amazing and one of the best cast members SNL ever had. He could be the Church Lady and he could be Garth from Wayne's World. But in the end, I had to pick Eddie. He was Saturday Night Live during the early 1980s (though, I think Joe Piscopo would challenge that). Gumby...Buckwheat...James Brown...Mr. Robinson...White Like Me...the list goes on and on and on. There would be no SNL left without Eddie so thank any god there ever was or is or might be or will be because he truly saved the show. He gets the nod. Plus, the line, "This is how you answer the door in my neighborhood...WHO IS IT?!" never gets old.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a good choice. Wish he would relax and come back to have more fun.

    ReplyDelete