- Soarin' at EPCOT will receive a new film that will lead the ride into its change to be called Soarin' Over the World. To me, this is the most exciting news because I love Soarin' and I can't wait to see what it's like to travel the world in that capacity. Maybe the ending will be in space. That would be something really special.
- A new restaurant will open at Magic Kingdom's Adventureland called The Skipper Canteen and it will be themed like The Jungle Cruise!
- Finally, an attraction has been announced for Pandora: The World of Avatar over at Animal Kingdom. The ride will be titled Avatar: Flight of Passage and it will place riders on a Banshee that dashes through the land of Pandora in the film's climactic action sequence.
- Similar to Disneyland Paris, Hollywood Studios will now be home to an eleven-acre Toy Story Land. Included in the land will be a family-friendly roller coaster on top of Slinky Dog and a saucer-esque ride that makes the guest feel like one of the squeeze toy aliens as they try to avoid The Claw.
- Finally, what was arguably the biggest news of the whole weekend. At Disney's Hollywood Studios, a fourteen-acre Star Wars Land will be taking a spot in the park over by Star Tours. The two main attractions coming with it will be a customized individual mission to pilot the Millennium Falcon and what has only been described as "an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle." In addition to these, the land will have Star Wars Launch Bay, an introspective look at the seven films, Jedi Academy, where characters can be met, Seasons of the Force, a fireworks show set to John Williams's score, a revamped Star Tours, and a Cantina-themed restaurant. This sounds epic.
It was definitely a good year for the D23 Expo. Even though this blog is ending, I will definitely have to come back with my thoughts on the way Walt Disney World looks once all of this is open. An exciting time!