Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

100 Greatest People 2014: 50-47

 50. Ed Helms

Such a fine actor to start off the top fifty! Ed Helms has had many roles which we've all come to know and love. Andy Bernard in The Office is arguably his best. Stu in The Hangover trilogy is also good. Jeff, Who Lives at Home, We're the Millers, They Came Together. These are all quality films in the filmography of Ed Helms. He just seems like a real, genuine actor who also happens to have great musical chops.

 49. Marc Summers

When I think of being warm and cozy, I think of Marc Summers telling me how Oh Henry candy bars are made from the familiar confines of his red and white striped diner booth on Unwrapped. He is just a stand-up guy with a knack for how things, specifically food things, are made. I hope he never stops passionately loving his passions.

 48. Dagwood Bumstead

This guy can eat! Yes, I do know he's fictional, but he also happens to be my favorite comic strip character. Sorry, Charlie Brown! Something always drew me to Dagwood. Maybe it was his sharp, snappy fashion sense or ability to eat forever or his undying nostalgia for the 1950's. Something about Dagwood just makes me happy. And makes me fond enough to put him all the way in the forty-eighth slot.

47. Neil deGrasse Tyson

Tyson is the only newcomer to the Top 100 list out of this bunch of four, but he's definitely deserving. Just by watching one second of Cosmos, you can tell he's one of the smartest persons you'll ever see on your television screen. His clear passion and genuine interest in science and the world around and beyond us has changed me and my knowledge. For the better.

1 comment:

  1. I so wish Tyson could see the three he was with in this part of your list! LOL

    ReplyDelete