Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Monday, July 14, 2014

100 Greatest People 2014: 54-51

 54. Brian McElhaney and Nick Kocher

There's no way to list these two separately. They are BriTANick. They are a comedic duo. That's just it. I couldn't pull them apart even if I wanted to. Nevertheless, both are quite the humorous people and they're even funnier together. Brian and Nick are great friends who have created some of my favorite viral videos. I'm looking forward to seeing their movie and their television show, also!

 53. Atticus Finch

Again, as it was with Fred Weasley, I must share the photo of Atticus as portrayed in the film version by Gregory Peck. There's obviously no picture of Atticus from the book. Nevertheless, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is a cultural institution and one of the all-time great novels. The character and man with the best ever moral compass, Atticus Finch, makes it an even better read! He is deservedly an inspiration for all lawyers.

 52. Barack Obama

He's the people's President. No matter how low his approval rating is, I still maintain if he manages to finish what he started in regards to marriage equality, the economy, college loans, and ObamaCare, he will be one of the greatest Presidents of all-time. He's already ended multiple wars (and Osama bin Laden) and the aforementioned issues are well underway. I believe in you, Barack!

51. Jean Shepherd

This man. I hate to post his photograph because I treasure his voice so much more. He voiced the lead in the Carousel of Progress attraction for Walt Disney and narrated A Christmas Story. Some of my happy places are the Carousel of Progress at night and watching A Christmas Story all day on Christmas Day. Oh my, I'm getting teared up just thinking about his voice. Thank you, Mr. Shepherd.

1 comment:

  1. BriTANick is on the rise, hopefully they do well, since I know you enjoy them. Quite a two-fer there with Finch and Obama! And I did not know that is what Jean Shepherd looked like! I guess I pictured him looking more like Darrin McGavin for some reason. :)

    ReplyDelete