Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

22 Jump Street

Three days before I went to see 22 Jump Street in theaters, I watched 21 Jump Street. I have to say I enjoyed the first one more. I know a lot of people have been saying 22 Jump Street is the funniest sequel ever made, but I'm not sure I agree. Don't get me wrong, 22 Jump Street was good and it had some meta humor, but I don't think it was as good. Some of the meta humor includes Nick Offerman's description of how they got lucky the first time, Ice Cube's office looking like a "cube of ice," and a 23 Jump Street development opening across the street. Not to mention the entire ending sequence with 23 Jump Street, 24 Jump Street, 25 Jump Street, and so on until nearly 50 Jump Street, complete with Seth Rogen cameo. But I think what really makes me like this one less is the cliches. There are innumerable cliches about collegiate frat films and most frustratingly, the "break-up" between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. Nevertheless, there were multiple laughable moments and some enjoyable action sequences. It was not bad, but it was not the greatest thing to ever happen on this planet.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen either film, but have heard good things about both, so I probably will.

    ReplyDelete