Enjoy this blog because what you read is of legendary status.

Friday, July 11, 2014

100 Greatest People 2014: 66-63

 66. Jason Schwartzman

Ahhhhh J-Schwartz! You just have to love Jason Schwartzman. He's like the epitome of charm in Hollywood. I always knew about Jason, but when I saw him in Saving Mr. Banks, he immediately became a favorite of mine. I then immediately checked more of his stuff out. Funny People, Moonrise Kingdom, and more recently, The Grand Budapest Hotel were all great with Schwartzman. Plus, you have to love him singing Little Pepper!

 65. Tomie dePaola

I included Dr. Seuss the other day and while I love him, Tomie dePaola is forever my favorite children's author. I first read 26 Fairmount Avenue by him and I was delighted by the book. He's also written great stories such as Nana Upstairs and Nana Downstairs, Strega Nona, On My Way, and Here We All Are. He's a neat guy.

 64. Fred Armisen

If there was ever a stellar actor, his name is Fred Armisen. He played so many people during his time on Saturday Night Live from New York governor David Paterson to President Barack Obama. Then, after SNL, he became fully committed to Portlandia, yet another hilarious show. Now, while also doing work with IFC, he is also the bandleader/sidekick for Late Night with Seth Meyers. And, unsurprisingly, he's hysterical.



63. Rob Delaney

I know what you're thinking. Dear God, why would you share this photograph. I'm here to tell you. Everything's going to be okay. This was Rob Delaney's Twitter avatar for a very long time. He's changed it now, but this is what made him famous. He has some of the funniest tweets out there and they were so great, he was given a book deal because of them. I read his book and it was also humorous. I think he's done so much for comedy, he's earned this spot. Here's just one example:

1 comment:

  1. Almost like an evolution of your comedic or at least humorous side, not counting Schwartzman. dePaola to Armisen to Delaney ... LOL

    ReplyDelete